Our Tunnelling team is ready to provide TBM Hyperbaric Tunnelling Support offering compressed air workers and related equipment.
Drafinsub has backed-up many of the largest and most complex tunnel projects around the world. Our experienced tunnel department is on hand to support projects from the earliest stages of concept design, proposal stages as well as for emergency support services.
Our specialists can assist you in keeping costs down in addition to facilitating regulatory interaction.
Our TBM Hyperbaric Tunnelling Support Operations and Services include:
Consultation & Site Assessments
Drafinsub offers on-site inspections of your facilities to ensure compliance with applicable local and federal regulations as they apply. This will include developing variances for equipment, saturation storage depths, decompression tables and emergency protocols.
- Formulating project hyperbaric manual (sir, mixed gas or saturation mode)
- Obtaining variances for alternate tables
- Mixed gas and saturation intervention work
- Data analyses
- Client liaison
- Occupational health and safety implementation
- Consultation on airlock system design
- Environmental controls
- Training of contractor personnel
- Hazard / health and safety analysis
- TBM intervention
- Working at altitude
- Construction in compressed air
- Emergency and confined space rescue
Compressed Air Interventions
Drafinsub provides inspection, maintenance and repair in compressed air environments.
- Compressed air workers
- Manlock attendants
- Certified welders
- Intervention supervisors
- Hyperbaric medics
- Mixed gas workers
- Intervention projects managers
- Medical lock attendants
- Physicians/physicians’ assistants
- Mixed gas supervisors
- Saturation technicians / workers
- Hyperbaric shuttle attendants
- Life support technicians for saturation operations
- Saturation supervisors
Wet (Slurry) Diving Interventions
Drafinsub employs the world’s most experienced commercial divers to perform wet, slurry and Bentonite diving operations.
Underwater Hyperbaric Support Services:
- Special Bentonite dive tables
- Jack pack / block out entry and clean-out
- Installation of rods into lenton fittings (zero visibility)
- Dredging / air lifting
- Tying underwater rebar, install rebar mats for tremie plug
- Installation of water stop injection tubing around perimeter of shaft prior to installation of tremie plug
- Underwater video inspection of flooded shafts and tunnels
- Sonar inspection of flooded shafts and tunnels
- Pressure grouting, concrete placement
- Concrete demolition
- Erection of structural steel
- Drilling and blasting overburden
Our Hyperbaric Division employs works closely with experienced supervisory personnel in addition to a full complement of qualified Compressed Air Workers, Hyperbaric Physicians, Hyperbaric Nurses, Dive Medical Technicians, and a wide variety of other specialty personnel.